top of page
Our Church History
On June 21, 1903 Scandinavian settlers in Ladysmith met to organize a congregation at the home of Edward Rogness. There were eight charter members of what was then called the Ladysmith Scandinavian Lutheran Church. Rev. K.O. Hildahl was called to serve as the first pastor in the fall of 1903. In 1905 the Ladysmith Scandinavian Lutheran Church was officially incorporated into the United Lutheran Church of America. In 1925 the congregation changed its name to Hope Lutheran Church.
Through the years Hope Lutheran has been part of the American Lutheran Church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and, currently, the North American Lutheran Church.
bottom of page